August 1st, 2021
By Wind Farm Living
In summary the new Regulations 2021 are:
From 1 August 2021, the Environment Protection Amendment (Wind Turbine Noise) Regulations 2021 will come into effect to set specific requirements for wind farm operators under the Environment Protection Act 2017.
· ongoing compliance with the relevant noise standard – New Zealand Noise Standard NZS 6808 2010 (or NZ 6808 1998 for older existing windfarms where this requirement has been specified on the existing planning permit);
· implementation of a noise management plan, including a complaints management plan;
· providing an annual statement detailing the actions that have been taken to ensure compliance;
· completing a post-construction noise assessment; and
· conducting noise monitoring every five years.
More information about the new regulations is available at the EPA website.
A summary of issues raised during the consultation process and how these informed the regulations is available at Engage Victoria: engage.vic.gov.au/changes-regulation-wind-farm-noise .
For any questions about these changes please email email@example.com .